UFC 260 Miocic vs Ngannou Preview
The UFC heavyweight championship will be contested at UFC 260 on March 27th. The long awaited rematch between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou is nearly here with many wondering who will be crowned champion.
Miocic and Ngannou will meet 2 years after a lopsided Miocic decision victory. But that was 2018, and the 2021 version of Francis Ngannou is an evolved fighter who has steam rolled the heavyweight division ever since.
The UFC 260 card is stacked with multiple compelling matchups, but no one is tuning in for anything but the main event.
While Miocic spent most of the last 2 years in a brutal trilogy with now retired Daniel Cormier, Ngannou has been steamrolling heavyweight division contenders.
(Image credit – ufc.com)
What kind of form is Francis Ngannou in leading into UFC 260?
Ngannou (15-3) will get another shot at the UFC heavyweight championship this Saturday at UFC 260. Ngannou will get his long awaited rematch with the champ, and will seek to rewrite his own championship fight history with his 5th decisive victory in a row.
The Cameroonian power puncher has won four straight bouts dating back to November 2018. None of his last four fights have gone the distance with all of his opponents being knocked out in under 71 seconds. A truly astonishing feat in any era of the UFC.
Stipe Miocic (20-3) is coming off two consecutive victories over future hall of famer Daniel Cormier, but many are wondering how he will fare against a rejuvenated Ngannou who just knocked out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in just 20 seconds.
— UFC (@ufc) March 18, 2021
UFC 260 fight card, odds
- Stipe Miocic (c) +120 vs. Francis Ngannou -140, heavyweight championship
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -180 vs. Brian Ortega +155, featherweight championship
- Vicente Luque -260 vs. Tyron Woodley +210, welterweight
- Sean O’Malley -300 vs. Thomas Almeida +240, bantamweight
- Khama Worthy -155 vs. Jamie Mullarkey +130, lightweight
- Hannah Goldy -125 vs. Jessica Penne +105, women’s strawweight
- William Knight -125 vs. Alonzo Menifield +105, light heavyweight
- Miranda Maverick -180 vs. Gillian Robertson +155, women’s flyweight
- Shane Young vs. Omar Morales, featherweight
- Marc-Andre Barriault -125 vs. Abu Azaitar +105, middleweight
- Michał Oleksiejczuk -150 vs. Modestas Bukauskas +125, light heavyweight
- Luana Pinheiro -200 vs. Randa Markos +170, women’s strawweight
UFC 260 info
- Date: March 27
- Location: UFC Apex — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+